COVID-19 Filter System Restart Procedure
|Now that we are starting to open back up, it’s time to consider your food service equipment and water filtration to ensure product safety and performance. Filtration systems are designed to be operated on a continual basis with only relatively short period of down time. When a system is shut down for an extended length of time, there is potential for microbiologic growth.|
If your equipment was shut down for less than 6 weeks or your filters system has been flushed at least 3 days throughout the shutdown period, when resuming normal use of the filter system, follow the steps below:
1. Open the filter inlet water valve and check for any leaks.
2. Flush the system to drain for at least 5 minutes.
3. System is now ready for use.
For extended shut down periods of 6 weeks or more and the filter system was not routinely flushed at 3-day intervals, when resuming normal use of the filter system, follow the steps below:
1. Discard the old filter cartridge
2. Replace with new filter cartridges per the cartridge installation instructions.
3. Open the filter inlet valve and check for any leaks.
4. Flush the system per the filter’s recommended flush instructions included on the Performance Data Sheet.
5. System is now ready for use.
This guidance applies to filtration systems serviced by potable water sources and does not apply to situations of boil-water advisory issued by applicable government authorities.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. You can reach us at 407-654-9775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here for you, and we will get through this together!